The community of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate in Aix-en-Provence is the oldest in the Congregation, canonically erected on January 25, 1816. Situated at the ancient Carmel at 60 cours Mirabeau, it had St. Eugene de Mazenod, founder of the Congregation, as its first Superior. This community lives right at the historic heart of the Oblates, and today this is the site of the Association Centre International Eugene de Mazenod (CIEM). This Association was created in November, 2011, with the approbation of the Superior General in Council. The community of the CIEM is made up of five Oblates from five different countries (South Africa, Belgium, France, Indonesia, and Poland). Since October 1, 2012, it is under the direct jurisdiction of the Superior General.
House in Aix – inauguration of buildings
On the 28th of June 2014, Father Louis LOUGEN, the Superior General of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, in the presence of his Excellency Christophe DUFOUR, the archbishop of Aix-en-Provence and Arles, blessed the buildings of the cradle of the Oblates, after renovations that commenced in January of 2012 and ended a few weeks ago. Read more
Installation of the new superior of the EMIC
Father Paolo ARCHIATI, Vicar General of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, presided at the 30 June 2013 installation of Father Krzysztof ZIELENDA, new superior of the Oblate community at EMIC. At the same time, he gave Father Henricus ASODO a letter of obedience for the same community. On this date, the renewed community in Aix officially began. Read more