The first visitors we received after Easter was a group of Oblate Students from Rome, an international community composed of 15 Oblates, all young and passionate about St. Eugene de Mazenod.
Their pilgrimage began in Aix, discovering the cradle of the Congregation and the visit of the places in the city where our St. Eugene lived. Then, the pilgrims went to Marseille to greet “Our Good Mother”, Notre Dame de la Garde and to walk on the footsteps of the Founder of the Oblates who later became the Bishop of this great port city visibly marked by his episcopate. During this pilgrimage the group had Fr. Asodo ISTOYO as their guide.
A moving moment of this visit was praying in the Foundation room and signing the copy of the “Supplique”, a letter written by St. Eugene and his first companions on January, 25, 1816, requesting authorization from the Church authorities of the diocese to form the community of the Missionaries of Provence. Through this symbolic gesture the Oblate students expressed their spiritual communion with the Founder and his first companions.
Krzysztof ZIELENDA, OMI